But they are also great for casual wear too, making them a versatile way to keep warm and still be in style.
To see more shrugs visit our Wedding and Bridal Patterns page.]
Free Knitting Patterns
Patterns to Purchase
Patons Cable Lace Bolero
Patons shrug features cables in worked in 4 stitches and with a 4 row repeat alternate with lace pattern also in a 4 stitch repeat. XS/S, M, XL, 2/3XL, 4/5XL
Photos of many variations are on the pattern site
Vintage Knit Bolero
The Dancer’s Spirit Treeli Shrug
Designed by Jacqueline Perna, the pattern is knit in one pice without seams and comes with and without hood.
Knit in one piece with back edging sewn on.
Atti Sanderlund provides detail instructions with a photo tutorial for this gorgeous lace pattern.
Kamellia Lace Bolero
Beautiful lace shrug in soft combed cotton.
Japanese Alternating Leaf Stems Shrug
Designed by Pamela Young.
Openwork Knit Shrug
Imagine yarn adds an elegant ruffle to collar and sleeves.
- Get knitting pattern for free with registration at Lion Brand yarn site
- Get the recommended yarn for the shrug body
- Get the Imagine yarn for the ruffles
Golden Honey Shrug
This lace bolero sparkles when the recommended yarn is used.
- Get the free knitting pattern for registration at the Lion Brand site
- Get the recommended yarn on Etsy
Designed by Cirilia Rose for Berroco, this versatile shrug has beads worked into the pattern stitch.
Snapped Convertible Shrug and Cowl
Wear this knit bolero as is or roll it up and wear it as a cowl.
THIS PATTERN IS NO LONGER FREE! However, the pattern book it was featured in, Parisian Nights, is still available at some sellers. Sparkle in this shrug knit with metallic yarn.
- Get Parisian Nights Pattern Book on eBay
- Get the mohair yarn recommended by the designer
- Get the metallic yarn recommended by the designer
All-over lace shrug in sizes S (M, L, XL, 2XL)
Mesh Lace Knit Shrug
Perfect for summer!
This lacy shrug is knit in a single piece.